This is the second part of a two-part post related to the Liebster Award, a pass-a-long recognition of seemingly unknown origin, is used by small bloggers pay to pay forward a little visibility to other small bloggers (less than 200 followers). Captain Sparky here at MrFireStation.com has been active for only about 8 months, so I was excited to get the nod from NorthernExpenditure.com and feel honored to pass it along.
I quickly answered the 10 questions that were posed to me. That was easy. What wasn’t easy was identifying some great blogs that have less than 200 followers. There are a lot of great blogs, but I didn’t even know where to look for new and noteworthy blogs in WordPress.
I’m still learning, but here are 4 blogs that I have discovered and would love to share with you. I’m sorry I didn’t get to 10, but I’ve found it takes a lot of time to find them. (but it is fun to do)
MrFireStation.com’s Liebster Award Nominations …
- https://retirementtransition.wordpress.com/ – Many early retirement blogs (like mine) start before someone has retired, but the ‘Retirement Transition’ blog is focused on someone who has been retired about a year, and still making the adjustment to a life beyond the workplace.
- http://ditchingthedailygrind.com/ – ‘Ditching The Daily Grind’ focuses on both achieving FIRE (financial independence & retiring early) and healthy living. The authors are a early-30s couple that have an ambitious goal to reach FIRE before 40. Their writing is filled with determination and fun, frugal living ideas
- http://sexhealthmoneydeath.com – From across the Atlantic ‘Sex Health Money Death’ with a heavy dose of British humor (humour?) and cheeky cynicism. Subtitled ‘The Four Horseman of the Middle Age Apocalypse”, the author writes a mean top ten list and shares some candid pearls of wisdom.
- https://askrongriffin.wordpress.com – ‘Live Da Life’ is published with equal doses of swagger & inspiration. Author Ron Griffin encourages readers with a powerful narrative to “to make a living by following their passions while contributing to the social good as well.” Many blogs are heavy on the financial side of lifestyle change – this blog focuses on purpose & meaning.
Please give them a look-see and tell me what you think. I’ve enjoyed reading all of them over the last few weeks and thought this would be a good way to share them with others. (It looks like ‘Live Da Life’ might have more than 200 followers, but it also looks like he is returning to service after a bit of a hiatus)
Questions For New Liebster Award Nominees …
The other part of winning the Liebster Award is the requirement that you answer 10 questions that will help new readers get to know the author(s) a bit better. The questions change as different people post them, but I will use most of the questions I answered in my earlier Liebster Award post (including my love for peanut butter sandwiches):
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What do you think is the best use of your money?
3. What would a perfect day look like for you?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world (cost aside), where would it be and why?
5. What is an experience that changed your life for the better?
6. If you were going to die after dinner, what would your last meal be?
7. What is your favorite thing about the area in which you live?
8. What would/does early retirement look like for you?
9. How will you/did you tell your boss you were retiring?
10. How will you/do you answer the question “what do you do for a living?”
Those are my 10 questions – I look forward to seeing the answers posted over the next few weeks. I think all of your readers will enjoy seeing them too. I’m happy to update this post with any other cool new blogs someone wants to suggest.
Image Credit: NorthernExpenditure.com