Here are some quick links to my most popular blog themes including my monthly countdown posts …
PERSONAL FINANCE / FI
- Nine Reasons It’s Difficult To Retire Early
- Happily Ever After On $75K Lifestyle?
- Living Debt Free Includes A Paid Off Mortgage
- 8 Ways to be Confident in Your Retirement Savings
- Bucketing Portfolio Assets for FIRE
- Ten Worst States To Retire To 2015
- Financial Check-Up with Advisor
- Approach To Stock Market Volatility
- Average Age of Early Retirees (Survey)
- Establishing an Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Foolish Guide To Millionaire Status
- Aspiring Millionaires in a Billionaire World
- Living Trusts – Leaving On A Good Note
- Really BAD Advice – Suze Orman Comments
- Hobbies That Cost, Hobbies That Pay
- Country Amish Approaches to Financial Independence
- Achieve The American Dream In 3 Simple Steps
- Biggest Financial Regrets – Survey
- Personal Finance – Five Milestone Dates
- Lower Spending As You Age
- Inflation Expectations – Up or Down?
- Recalculating FIRE Odds
- Building The Perfect Nest
- Debt Spending On Kids Sports?
- Professional Consulting Networks
- Extra Spending For ‘Go-Go’ Years
HOW MANY YEARS OF WORK?
- Weddings – How Many Years of Work Does it Cost?
- Financial Analysis: The Impact of Trading Up Houses on Early Retirement
- How Many Years Of Work Will Luxury Cars Cost You?
- Lawn Mowing Savings = 1 Year Of Work!
MARKETS & THE ECONOMY
- Top 7 FIRE News Stories from 2017
- Dow Jones @ 25K – Time for New Year’s Rebalancing?
- Stock Market Jitters – Corrections History
- Callan ‘Periodic Table’ of Investments – Useful?
- Who Really Owns The Stock Market?
- Mid-Year Market Musings (2018)
- Should You Expect The Unexpected?
- Time for Gold Yet?
- Playing With FIRE is Playing With Risk
- 2018 Mid-Term Elections – More Inflation Coming?
- Historical Impact of Mid-Term Elections on Stocks (2018)
- New Year, New Markets (2019)
- Early 2019 Bounce In The Market
- Fed Rate Cut Ambiguity (2019)
- Fast Start On 2019
SAVINGS / INVESTING
- Bank Your Raises To Reach FIRE
- Four Money Saving Words
- Survey – Retirement Savings On FIRE Date
- Triple Play Formula To Maximize Your Savings
- Seven Ways To Save BIG In Your Twenties
- Earnings vs Net Worth – Where Did The Money Go?
- “50% Rule” To Retire In Just 20 Years
- Do You Want Guns In Your Portfolio? (SRI)
- MegaCorp Stock – Trading on the Familiar
- Betting on the 4% Rule Alone?
- Reaching FIRE – Are You Saving Enough?
- Investing In Health Savings Accounts
- Inverted Bond Yield – Harbinger of Recession?
- Millennials May Prove To Be The Best Generation With Their Finances
- Millennials: How Are They Doing?
- The Dumbest Investment Chart
- Saving To Live To 100?
- Keep Your Benefits Locked In Social Security?
- Mindless Money Advice – Personal Finance Media
- Retirement Savings Volatility
- A Shocking Comparison For Tax Day
- Changing Tax Deductions
- More Favorable Retirement Tax Rate Revealed
- Taxes – Too Complicated for DIY
SAVING FOR COLLEGE
- Retire Before Kids Graduate?
- The College Planning / Savings Paradox
- Save For Retirement Before College?
- College Savings / 529 Plan Check-In
- Health Insurance For Early Retirement
- Open Enrollment For Early Retirees (Part 1)
- Open Enrollment For Early Retirees (Part 2)
- Open Enrollment For Early Retirees (Bonus Chapter)
- Long Term Care Insurance – Trade-Offs
- Health Insurance- The Biggest Concern for Early Retirees
- Kiplinger’s Interview on Health Insurance
- Health Insurance for 2019 (First Take)
- Life Insurance Independence
- Car Insurance Premiums Rising Fast
- Umbrella Coverage – Protect Your Nest Egg
CARS & TRANSPORTATION
- Grown-Up Guilty Pleasure – Luxury Cars
- Car Shopping Framework – 7 Principles That Guide Us
- Saving Money On Car Repairs – Avoid The Dealer
- Millionaire Next Door Approach To Cars
- Clubs: The Affordable Way To Have A Boat
- The Cost of Keeping Cars Running
- How Many Years Of Work Will Luxury Cars Cost You?
- Car Shopping – Patience Pays!
- The Cost of Speeding / Speeding Tickets
- How Far Would You Go For $1,000?
- Taken To The Cleaners with Car Washes?
- The Added Everyday Costs Of Driving An SUV
- Life Caught In Traffic
- Sunshine Funds – Individual FUN Money
- The World of Self-Storage Garages
- Outrageous Credit Card ‘Convenience Fees’
- The Price of Work – Everyday Expenses
- In Pursuit Of The Perfect Purchase
- Restaurant Apps – Speedy Service or Expensive Convenience?
- Tip Jars – Are We Becoming A Nation Of Beggars?
- Warehouse Club Shopping
- Did You Play The Lottery This Week?
- Does It Really Pay To Be Frugal For Coffee/Lunch?
- Prime Deals on Prime Days?
- AARP Membership – Worth It?
- “One More Year” Fund
- Work One More Year for Charity
- Ben Franklin’s Amazing Gift to Charity
- James Bond Donated His Salary to Charity?
- David Beckham Played Final Season for Charity
- One More Year Effort Becomes “Angel Fund”
- One More Year / Angel Fund Update (May 2018)
- Cryptocurrency – Fad or Future?
- Cryptocurrency Update – Still Growing
- Bitcoin Bust or Bounty (May 2018 Update)
- Bitcoin – Has It Dissolved Yet?
- Libra: A Big Step For Cryptos?
- Hong Kong Protesters and Bitcoin
LEARNING PERSONAL FINANCE
- Christmas Shopping By The Numbers
- Classic Christmas Toy Countdown
- What Do The 12 Days of Christmas Cost?
- Holiday Gift Suggestions – Financial Planning Books